6/03/2012

Scared of Change

As a child, I always colored within the lines.
Growing up, I always tattled.
And now, as an adult... now what?

As someone who's always played by the rules, how could something so drastic happen to me?

These past two weeks, I've had some serious down time to reflect on my life and I've come to the conclusion that I've always been safe. Safe meaning:

noun
adjective
1.
secure from liability to harm, injury, danger, or risk: a safeplace.
2.
free from hurt, injury, danger, or risk: to arrive safe andsound.
3.
involving little or no risk of mishap, erroretc.: a safeestimate.
4.
dependable or trustworthy: a safe guide.
5.
careful to avoid danger or controversy: a safe player; a safeplay.

Yes, that's definitely me. Although safe is alright, it's not truly what I want. To achieve what I want, one must push the boundaries, which isn't safe. One must also take risks, which definitely isn't safe. But when I dream, I dream big. The rewards of my goals are pretty far out but they're achievable. I want a future for myself that's brighter than any other... and it begs the question: will school really help me achieve these goals?

Rules subject to change without notice.

1 comment: